Monday, July 18, 2011

Happy Snapping

OK - it hasn't been the century's greatest emperor season, that's clear, although a couple of magic days in Fermyn by all accounts. I'm sitting in this expat enclave in a balmy 22 degrees (and yes, it's winter!) while my gorgeous wife is holed up just outside London emailing me daily with horror stories of gales and rain - as I said, what do you expect - it's England in July!!

That aside - are we really going to have to give the Purple Emperor Photographic Award to Matthew? Come on, he doesn't even claim to be a decent photographer - he just seems to have that knack of being in the right place at the right time. Or perhaps it's like Greg Norman's philosphy - the harder I work, the luckier I get?

Neil gets a special award for Miss Iris, our heartiest congratulations - that's worth at least a couple of ab iole's any day (pace Matthew - no idea of fourth declension plurals, I was probably having a haircut that day).

But seriously - get those pictures up on the blog - I promise only fame, not fortune, but let's see your best iris pix if 2011 - and yes, Matthew and Neil, I'll be there for 2012, that's a promise.

No comments: