Friday, July 4, 2014

Savernake Survivor

I had 2 trips to Savernake yesterday to see how things were progressing. Spending an hour around the column from 0900 didn't turn anything up, other than 2 other enthusiasts, but a return trip after work gave me a result - a grounded male on the track leading to the column. Unfortunately, only a single photo, since a local dog walker decided that his dog's curiosity was more important than my photography! Still, it was nice to think that this butterfly is one of the individuals that Matthew was monitoring over the winter and that I had the privilege of seeing on several occasions! I don't know where this dinner dish sits on Neil's scale that includes "Gorilla's finger" and will have to defer to Neil for any other part of a gorilla's anatomy that might fit the bill :)


No comments: