Sunday, November 2, 2014

The Ultimate Badge



No money in the world can purchase this badge.  The entire stock is in my possession, as I commissioned it from Paul Fosterjohn, Master Designer of Butterfly Badges

The badges will be awarded to people who have seen acute aberrations of Apatura iris - when the criteria and, more importantly, rules for display and code of conduct have been determined by the Fellowship Committee. 

Certainly, weak specimens of ab. semi-iole / iolata are excluded, some proof of encounter may be necessary, and wearers will be obliged to wear them on the anniversary of their encounter with this the Ultimate Butterfly. But there will be other specifications and stipulations...

Watch this space...

PS  For Valour refers to the Emperor's valour, not ours...

3 comments:

Bill Seager said...

I await my first encounter with such a beast! Certainly it will be a purple letter day if it ever happens. Will a poem do if I do not get a picture?
Regards, Bill Seager

Matthew Oates said...

Poetry forever suffices...

Guy said...

I've never seen one either. Every emperor I've ever encountered has been arrayed in gloriously orthodox livery. Maybe 2015 will be the year ...

Guy